If you drive on I-26 or Highway 17A through the Summerville area, you likely encounter large semi-trucks along the way. These trucks are necessary to keep the shelves stocked at Publix or conveniently deliver packages right to your doorstep, though they pose the risk of serious or even deadly accidents.
Truck accident claims are highly technical and complicated, so you want the right legal assistance as soon as possible following your injuries. Always get medical treatment, and then don’t wait to seek help from the John Price Law Firm, LLC. We have extensive experience successfully representing truck accident victims in Summerville.
Why Do Truck Accidents Happen in Summerville, SC?
Truck accidents can occur for several reasons, some of which are unique to the commercial trucking industry. Some common causes of these dangerous crashes include:
- Driver fatigue - Long hours on the road and demanding schedules can lead to driver fatigue. Truck drivers may violate hours-of-service regulations, become drowsy, and experience decreased alertness, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Distracted driving - Distractions such as mobile phones, in-cab technology, or eating while driving can divert a truck driver’s attention, compromising their ability to react to traffic conditions effectively.
- Improper loading or other cargo issues - Improperly loaded or unsecured cargo can shift during transit, affecting the truck’s stability and maneuverability, leading to accidents. Drivers of overloaded trucks may also have difficulty stopping or maintaining control.
- Driving too fast for conditions - Adverse weather or road conditions can make truck driving challenging. Trucks have longer stopping distances, and drivers do not always adjust their speed to account for conditions.
- Negligent maintenance - Failure to properly maintain trucks, including brakes, tires, and other critical components, can result in equipment failure on the road, leading to accidents.
- Other violations - Any other violation of traffic laws or federal trucking regulations can lead to unsafe driving and truck crashes.
Parties that might share liability for your accident include individual truck drivers, trucking companies, third-party loading crews or repair shops, and more. Our truck accident attorneys can get to the bottom of what caused your truck crash and who should be responsible.
Why You Need an Experienced Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accident claims can be more challenging than regular car accident claims for different reasons. Some complicating factors following a truck crash are:
- You will likely go up against a trucking company and its corporate insurers
- You need to demand the trucking company preserves evidence as soon as possible
- Evidence can be technical, including black box data from the truck
- Injuries tend to be catastrophic, with high losses
You want to hire a law firm that has successfully handled many truck accident cases in the past. Speak with our attorneys today about how we can help.
Speak with a Trusted Summerville Truck Accident Lawyer Today
The John Price Law Firm, LLC, has the experience and resources to handle complex commercial truck accident claims. Never wait to begin the legal process - as soon as your physical condition is stable enough, please contact us at our Summerville location so we can begin protecting your rights. Consultations and case evaluations are always free.