Whether you are taking I-26 to the city or riding back roads surrounding the Summerville area, riding a motorcycle in South Carolina is a popular pastime. While motorcyclists are allowed to safely share the road like any other vehicles, other drivers are not as careful as they should be regarding motorcycles. To make matters worse, motorcyclists are often at risk of severe injuries in a collision due to their lack of protection.
If you have serious injuries from a crash, you should never wait to seek help from a trusted Summerville motorcycle accident lawyer. At the John Price Law Firm, LLC, we have the resources and experience to protect your rights. Consultations are free with no obligation, so please contact our firm today for more information.
How Drivers Cause Motorcycle Crashes
Drivers can contribute to motorcycle accidents in various ways, often due to negligence or a lack of awareness regarding motorcyclists on the road. Here are some common ways drivers cause motorcycle accidents:
- Failure to yield - Drivers frequently fail to yield the right of way to motorcycles at intersections or when changing lanes, leading to collisions.
- Distracted driving - Engaging in activities like texting, talking on the phone, or eating while driving can divert a driver’s attention away from the road, making them less likely to notice motorcycles.
- Failure to check blind spots - Motorcycles are smaller and can easily be overlooked in a driver’s blind spot. Failing to check blind spots before changing lanes can result in a collision with a motorcycle.
- Speeding and aggressive driving - Speeding and aggressive maneuvers increase the risk of accidents for all vehicles, including motorcycles. Drivers who engage in reckless behaviors may not anticipate the presence or speed of motorcycles.
- Opening car doors without checking - Drivers can cause accidents by opening their car doors without checking for approaching motorcycles. This can result in a motorcyclist colliding with the door or swerving to avoid it and potentially crashing.
When drivers are negligent, they should be responsible for all the injuries and losses they cause. Unfortunately, insurance companies can be particularly difficult when processing motorcycle accident claims. Injured motorcyclists need a legal professional to advocate for their rights, and our lawyers are ready to assist you.
We Take Your Motorcycle Injuries Seriously
Our law firm knows that motorcyclists are not thrill-seekers who always cause their own accidents and injuries. We recognize that other drivers can be a huge danger to motorcyclists, who should be able to safely ride their vehicles. When a motorcyclist needs medical treatment for serious injuries, we are ready to seek compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Future anticipated medical expenses
- Past and future lost earnings from missed work
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Permanent disabilities and disfigurement
Never trust an insurance company’s assessment of your losses. We can advise on the full amount you deserve from a negligent driver and negotiate for the maximum settlement possible.
Seek Help from Our Summerville Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident in the Summerville area, always consult with the John Price Law Firm, LLC. Contact us to learn more about your legal options and how our team can help you.