When you go to the grocery store, you expect the shelves to be stocked, and you expect the packages you order to be delivered to your door. Today, commercial trucks are critical to keep our economy going and provide everything we need at our fingertips. However, so many semi-trucks on the roads also mean that truck accidents are a regular occurrence.
Truck accidents happen in the Myrtle Beach area, whether on South Carolina highways or in residential areas. If you suffered serious injuries in a crash, never hesitate to consult with our truck accident lawyers at the John Price Law Firm, LLC. We help victims of costly and complicated accidents get the justice and compensation they deserve.
Liability for Truck Accidents in Myrtle Beach
When someone else’s negligence causes your truck accident, they should be liable for your losses. There can be different liable parties for truck accident claims, including:
- Truck drivers
- Trucking companies
- Truck owners
- Maintenance crews
- Cargo-loading crews
- Truck manufacturers
Our legal team has the resources to investigate and determine all the parties that should share liability for your crash and resulting injuries. The sooner you call, the sooner we can start preserving evidence and protecting your rights.
Seeking Compensation for Your Truck Accident Losses
Truck accidents can result in severe injuries and damages due to the large size and weight disparity between trucks and other vehicles. Some common damages that we seek for our truck accident clients include:
- Medical expenses - Truck accidents can cause severe injuries, especially if you were an occupant of a smaller vehicle. These injuries may include broken bones, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injuries, internal organ damage, and severe lacerations. Such injuries often require costly medical treatment, rehabilitation, and long-term care.
- Loss of income - Severe injuries from truck accidents can also result in the loss of income, both in the short and long term. You may be unable to work for a significant period or face reduced earning capacity due to disabilities or limitations caused by the accident.
- Pain and suffering - Truck accidents can cause physical pain and emotional suffering, impacting the victim’s quality of life. Pain and suffering damages are intended to compensate you for the physical and emotional hardships you endured due to the accident.
- Property damage - Truck accidents often lead to significant property damage. The impact of a truck collision can cause extensive damage to other vehicles involved, including total write-offs or costly repairs.
- Wrongful death - In tragic cases, truck accidents can result in fatalities. Families who lose a loved one in a truck accident may pursue a wrongful death claim to seek compensation for funeral expenses, loss of financial support, and the emotional trauma caused by the loss.
Learn How Our Myrtle Beach Truck Accident Lawyers Can Help
Recovering full compensation for your losses requires legal assistance to navigate the complexities of truck accident claims. You want our experienced lawyers of the John Price Law Firm, LLC, to take on insurance companies on your behalf. We do not rest until we have done everything possible for our clients. Contact us for your free case evaluation today.