Uninsured Motorist Accidents

Were You Injured By Someone Without Insurance Coverage?

In a typical car accident situation in South Carolina, the at-fault driver’s insurance policy will pay for any property damage and physical injuries. What happens, however, when the accident is a hit-and-run and the at-fault driver can’t be located? Or what happens if the other driver doesn’t carry auto insurance, or not enough of it?

In such cases, there are often remedies under the victim’s own insurance policy, if he or she has uninsured/underinsured motorists (UM) coverage. At John Price Law Firm, LLC, we have extensive experience helping auto accident victims recover the money they need from their own insurance companies and from others.

What Is Covered Under Uninsured/Underinsured Motor Vehicle Coverage?

In South Carolina drivers are required to have car insurance, including uninsured motorist insurance. Underinsured coverage is not required. If you are in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver you may file a claim with your insurance company. Your uninsured motorist policy will pay you for your injuries and the injuries of other passengers who were riding with you in your vehicle when the accident occurred. If the driver was underinsured, your insurance company will pay for a portion of the damage and injuries; whatever the other driver’s insurance does not adequately cover.

Dealing With The Insurance Company

The insurance company will make you prove that you are entitled to damages. They will want proof that the driver who is uninsured caused the accident and your injuries. The car insurance claim adjusters are experts at searching for any angle that shows that you may have been even just a little bit at fault for the crash. This is why it is so important for you to hire one of our experienced lawyers here at John Price Law Firm to work with the insurance companies to negotiate the highest claim amount possible for your accident. We will investigate your claim in detail, collecting all of the pertinent information we need to support your claim. We handle all the hard work so that you can sit back and recuperate from your injuries.

Our UM/UIM lawyers make sure to leave no stone unturned. We collect photographs, video surveillance, law enforcement reports, medical records, witness statements and anything else that is needed to support your insurance claim. It can be challenging to document and add up all of the expenses related to your accident. We will go through every detail with you to determine everything you are owed.

In practice since 1985, founding attorney John Price knows exactly what it takes to get clients the maximum amount of compensation available and the medical care they need.

Handling The Insurance Headaches On Your Behalf.

Even if you have UM coverage as part of your own insurance policy, your insurance company may be reluctant to actually provide the money you deserve. Like any business, insurance carriers are interested in making a profit and may wrongfully deny a claim.

If your insurance company is delaying unnecessarily or has denied your claim outright, we can advise you about how to proceed. In insurance bad faith situations, our law firm will diligently advocate for your rights.

Learn More From An Underinsured/Uninsured Driver Accident Lawyer.

If you were injured by another driver in South Carolina, you deserve to understand all your legal rights and options. Simply contact John Price Law Firm, LLC, to schedule a free initial consultation. Call our Charleston office at (843) 552-6011 or send us an email.